Conjugarte: Spanish Preterite and Imperfect
Practice preterite and imperfect Spanish verb conjugations and recreate beautiful art from the Spanish-speaking world at the same time!
The link to download this activity is available exclusively to our members.
Become a member of Zambombazo today to gain access to this member-exclusive downloadable pdf teaching activity plus over a thousand more Spanish classroom activities on a wide variety of topics!
Already a member? Log in to access this activity.
Contents: Conjugarte: Preterite and Imperfect
Members gain access to the following Spanish past tense activities:
Spanish Preterite Tense
1. Preterite: Regular -ar
2. Preterite: Regular -ar
3. Preterite: Regular -ar (Stem-changers in present)
4. Preterite: Regular -ar (Reflexive)
5. Preterite: -car, -gar, -zar
6. Preterite: -car, -gar, -zar
7. Preterite: Regular -er
8. Preterite: Regular -er
9. Preterite: Regular -er
10. Preterite: Regular -ir
11. Preterite: Regular -ir
12. Preterite: -ir Stem-changers
13. Preterite: -ir Stem-changers
14. Preterite: -ir Stem-changers (Reflexive)
15. Preterite: 3rd person “y” & accents
16. Preterite: 3rd person “y”
17. Preterite: Meaning changers
18. Preterite: Irregular (ser & ir, dar, ver, hacer)
19. Preterite: Irregular (decir, traer, -ducir)
20. Preterite: Irregulars following a similar pattern
Spanish Imperfect Tense
21. Imperfect: Regular -ar
22. Imperfect: Regular -er / -ir
23. Imperfect: Irregular (ser, ir, ver)
24. Imperfect: Regular (Reflexive)
25. Imperfect: Regular (Meaning change in preterite)
26. Answers: 1-7
27. Answers: 8-16
28. Answers: 17-25
What is Conjugarte?
When I was little I used to love to draw using these grid art worksheets in which little by little, square by square, a picture is revealed! We’ve combined that idea with verb conjugation! To do so, we’ve replaced the letter-number grid system (A-1) with a verb-subject grid (hablar, yo).
In addition to practicing preterite and imperfect verb conjugations, you’ll get to recreate some of the great artwork of the Spanish-speaking world from Salvador Dalí, Diego Velázquez, Francisco de Goya, Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, Fernando Botero, Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, José Guadalupe Posada and more!
See Conjugarte In Action
Watch the video below to see how to complete a Conjugarte activity! The example in the video can be found in Conjugarte: Spanish Present Tense.