Conjugarte: Latin American Edition
Practice Spanish present tense and imperative verb conjugations and recreate beautiful art from Latin America at the same time!
The link to download this activity is available exclusively to our members.
Become a member of Zambombazo today to gain access to this member-exclusive downloadable pdf teaching activity plus over a thousand more Spanish classroom activities on a wide variety of topics!
Already a member? Log in to access this activity.
Contents: Conjugarte: Latin American Edition
Members gain access to the following activities:
Tuteo (yo, tú, él/ella/Ud., nosotros/nosotras, ellos/ellas/Uds.)
1. Present: Regular -ar
2. Present: Regular -er
3. Present: Regular -ir
4. Present: Regular
5. Present: Irregular
6. Present: Stem-changing verbs: e-ie
7. Present: Stem-changing verbs: o-ue & jugar
8. Present: Stem-changing verbs: e-i & seguir
9. Present: Irregular yo -go
10. Present: Irregular yo
Voseo (yo, vos, él/ella/Ud., nosotros/nosotras, ellos/ellas/Uds.)
11. Present: Regular -ar
12. Present: Regular -er
13. Present: Regular -ir
14. Present: Regular
15. Present: Irregular
16. Present: Stem-changing verbs: e-ie
17. Present: Stem-changing verbs: o-ue
18. Present: Stem-changing verbs: e-i & seguir
19. Present: Irregular yo -go
20. Present: Irregular yo
Tuteo / Voseo Coexistence and Comparison
21. Present: Overview
22. Present: Stem-changing verbs overview
Imperative (tú, vos, Ud., nosotros/nosotras, Uds.)
23. Imperative: Regular
24. Imperative: Stem-changing verbs
25. Imperative: Irregular
26. Answers: 1-8
27. Answers: 9-14
28. Answers: 15-21
29. Answers: 22-25
- Geo-regionalized: For example, an artwork from Argentina will include vos while one from Mexico will include tú.
- Diverse: Artwork from throughout Latin America, including many women artists
- In addition to present tense, includes overview of affirmative commands
- Thick, dark lines to facilitate drawing
What is Conjugarte?
When I was little I used to love to draw using these grid art worksheets in which little by little, square by square, a picture is revealed! We’ve combined that idea with verb conjugation! To do so, we’ve replaced the letter-number grid system (A-1) with a verb-subject grid (hablar, yo).
In addition to practicing Spanish present tense verb conjugation, you’ll get to recreate some of the great artwork of Latin America from Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, Celia Castro, Pancho Fierro, Leonora Carrington, Juan Manuel Blanes, Francisco Amighetti, Ángel della Valle, Leonicio Saénz, Camilo Egas and many more!
See Conjugarte In Action
Watch the video below to see how to complete a Conjugarte activity! The example in the video can be found in Conjugarte: Spanish Present Tense.